So often, we have conversations behind closed doors with our own affinity groups because we feel misunderstood and invalidated by others due to our cultural differences. We need these conversations to be brought out into the light and discussed openly and honestly. This workshop is about all those unfinished conversations that have the potential to connect us by way of the beauty of our differences and the obstacles we confront on a daily basis. Come join us with your story and your journey. Perhaps through sharing, we can find our way home together.
- Learn ways to ask questions that illuminate rather than create walls
- Discover the importance of curiosity as a tool towards empathy
- Acquire the art of listening from a Buddhist and Eastern perspective
- Notice the effect of intent and impact in our communications
- Learn how to resolve cross-cultural conflicts through the art of inquiry
- Learn ways to develop the art of associating content with non-verbal styles of communication