Facilitating a group with many cross-cultural perspectives and experiences requires a keen understanding and thorough knowledge of how cultural differences can impact group dynamics, relationships and one’s sense of safety.
In this unique training, each participant will be guided through a series of exercises and mindful techniques that will enhance their understanding of the impact of culture on relationships, conflictual cultural situations, as well as how to develop a deeper and more authentic sense of community and openness within diverse groups.
Participants will explore their perceptions and attitudes about diversity issues through the use of films, books, vignettes and personal stories.
They will learn to:
- Listen and respond from a Buddhist & Eastern Approach
- Notice the Impact and Intent of all our communications and actions and make use of that knowledge to create a sense of community
- Discover the importance of curiosity as a mediation and learning toolMake use of non-verbal communications cross-culturally
- Use Mindful Techniques to de-escalate a conflict within minutes
- Utilize 26 Culturally -Sensitive Questions that create safety & trust