Issues of gender, like racism, have a debilitating effect on the workplace. Unaddressed gender issues contribute to increased absenteeism and turnover, as well as sex discrimination and sexual harassment cases. This training will heighten the awareness that gender issues, when unabated, have a negative impact on individual and team creativity, productivity and self-esteem. In this training, we will address some of the issues, attitudes, and behaviors that contribute to this problem, as well as ways to heighten our awareness and move towards a more inclusive workplace environment.
Participants will learn the following:
- Ways to talk about gender issues openly and honestly
- Exploring and practicing egalitarian beliefs, attitudes and behaviors
- Effective tools for creating positive, non-sexist communications and behaviors
- How to facilitate gender based conflicts through mediation techniques
- Developing an awareness of how gender issues negatively or positively impact the workplace