Many students/employees complain that their instructors/bosses are unprepared and uncomfortable when discussions of diversity issues surface. Too few are trained to have these types of conversations in fear that they may elicit deep emotions and perpetuate conflicts between individuals and groups.
In this workshop, the facilitator will model how to successfully create a safe container in which to have these kinds of discussions, where each person feels valued and acknowledged.
Participants will learn:
- How to create a safe container for intense dialogues
- Mindful techniques to de-escalate conflicts in seconds
- Exercises that enhance community and compassion
- To replace reactive behaviors with mindful responses
- To acquire the art of mindfully noticing intent and impact
- The Art of Mindful Inquiry
- 9 Healthy Ways to Communicate