Conflicts can be the result of misunderstandings and stereotypes that can intensify tensions and create strong reactions. This training will help deepen the understanding between groups and individuals in conflict. Learning ‘mindful’ techniques on how to resolve conflicts will lead to an alignment of mutual outcomes and an on-going supportive process where everyone is valued, acknowledged and respected. This training introduces participants to the dynamics of conflict and the need for appropriate and useful communication interventions and skill sets. Three key areas of understanding will be focused on: understanding one’s self, others, and the societal context. Through the use of role plays, personal stories, films, listening exercises, and ‘mindfully responding’ techniques, participants will learn the facilitation and inquiry techniques needed to resolve conflicts that often occur in workplaces.
- Develop listening and observation techniques
- Practice noticing the intent and impact in all communications
- Learn how to assess a conflict by listening for three key focus areas
- Discover a myriad of de-escalation techniques
- Learn advanced communication listening techniques used by master mediators
- Learn how to utilize the Art of Inquiry to connect with groups in conflict
- Identify what a person is saying and not saying