One of the great fears of managers, diversity facilitators, DEI trainers, educators and administrators is trying to work with difficult folks who refuse to listen and are often closed and highly critical of any point of view other than their own. There is often an escalation of emotions, with various groups and individuals rapidly becoming polarized, competitive, and disconnected. Sound familiar?
In this popular and much needed training, we will explore why such scenarios are becoming more common and how work with them, rather than against them, how to de-escalate these types of conflicts before they explode and turn into lawsuits with folks resigning or leaving.
Part of the problem in dealing with such intense and difficult exchanges is that most managers, diversity and DEI trainers don’t have the adequate training needed to cope with these types of escalating situations in today’s workplace environments. That is why this particular training is so important and needed.
Through the use of interactive exercises, role plays and filmed vignettes, participants will learn:
- The Art of Mindfully Listening & Responding
- Noticing Intent & Impact
- How to De-escalate a Conflict Within Seconds
- How to Create a Welcoming Workplace
- Unhealthy Ways of Communicating
- 22 Ways That Stop a Diversity Conversation
- 9 Healthy Ways to Communicate
- In Search of a Real Apology
- Group & Individual Interventions
- Noticing What Is Missing
- The Art of Empathy
- How to Create a Sense of Belonging Cross Culturally
Audience: Managers, Administrators, Educators, Therapists, DEI, Diversity Trainers
Time: 4-6 Hours