So often we ponder how to begin a conversation with people who are culturally different from ourselves. Where do we begin? How do we keep from offending someone? What if they get angry or hurt? These are just some of the many barriers and fears that keep us apart and in silence. In this workshop, we will explore what it will take to walk across the room – what we can learn in that journey about ourselves, and in the process, develop an authentic and meaningful relationship with each other, even in the midst of a conflict or misunderstanding.
Cross-cultural communication is an art that requires our utmost awareness and understanding. The subtleties are everywhere- within a simple question, an insignificant omission, the gesture of a hand or a facial expression. Together, we will explore how to mindfully transform those subtleties into authentic relationships, where everyone within the workplace (and our clients) can feel valued and acknowledged for their many gifts and contributions.
- Learn Mindful Interventions to de‐escalate conflicts
- Learn the Art of Mindfully Listening and Responding
- Learn what opens and what closes down diversity conversations
- Learn Advanced Empathetic Responses
- Learn a variety of ways to reframe our perceptions
- Learn Mindful Conflict Mediation skill‐sets
- Explore different methods that can help create a sense of community between diverse groups
- Practice vignettes on diversity issues