The sharing of each other’s stories and lives is a rare experience, but an important and essential one if we are ever to understand each other and to develop an authentic relationship. For those of you who have seen The Color of Fear and who have often wondered what it would have been like there – this is an opportunity of a lifetime! In one weekend, participants will have the opportunity to learn about each other’s lives and to develop a more trusting relationship with someone from a different ethnic group.
Under the guidance of a trained StirFry group facilitator, participants will learn different approaches to having an intimate and honest dialogue with each other. They will also learn how to deal with their differences and similarities in a peaceful and compassionate way.
Participants will learn the following:
- Ways to listen and respond to cultural differences
- How to empathetically relate to someone
- How to mediate cultural conflicts
- The Art of Listening
- Observing the impact of our communications
- Making use of different communication styles and approaches