In this unique keynote we will discuss why belonging is such an essential part of creating a sense of community and connection in our workplaces, classrooms and communities. Seldom in our history have we experienced such intense polarization and separateness from each other because of our different religious, ethnic, gender and sexual orientations.
We will talk about what is happening that divides us, the roots of our fears and hatred, as well as how we can come together once again with a deeper sense of connection, compassion and understanding.
As Maya Angelou shared: I may not remember what you said or did, but I will always remember how you made me feel.
- The art of listening & responding
- Exploration of our differences and why they are important
- What belonging means to each of us and why
- 22 ways that stop a diversity conversation
- Authentic and meaningful ways to apologize
- How curiosity is the gateway to empathy
- The distinction between differences and similarities
- Why some groups leave parts of themselves at the door
- Creating a community of belonging where everyone is seen, heard and valued
- How not feeling like you belong affects you and others
Audience: Corporations, Universities, Therapists, Administrators, Social Workers, DEI
Time: 60-90 minutes