So many times, difficult conversations with those from different cultures and communities leaves us paralyzed, not knowing what to say or do next. We leave feeling guilty and ashamed because of our silence and lack of authentic connection. In this unique workshop, we will explore the roots of what makes these conversations so difficult and why, as well as how we can transform these difficult conversations with those who are different from ourselves into more intimate and trusting relationships based on empathy, curiosity and respect.
Through the use of interactive exercises, role plays and filmed vignettes, participants will learn:
- The Art of Mindful Inquiry
- How to Empathetically Listen & Respond
- Noticing What Is Missing When We Become Disconnected
- Meaningful & Authentic Ways of Communicating and Connecting
- How to Create a Welcoming Workplace
- Unhealthy Ways of Communicating
- The Art of Belonging
- 22 Ways That Stop a Diversity Conversation
- 9 Healthy Ways to Communicate
- Valuing & Making Use of Our Differences, Not Just Our Similarities
- Time to Get Real
- So you want to have a conversation on diversity….
Audience: Managers, Administrators, Educators, Therapists, DEI, Diversity Trainers
Time: 4-6 Hours