One of our most popular seminars, Unlearning Racism, provides a forum for participants to discover the conscious and unconscious ways in which racism permeates our attitudes and behaviors in the workplace and affects our relationships. Intimately powerful, this program is experientially based and designed to foster a deeper appreciation of our individual and cultural differences through personal stories, group exercises, and a variety of films and articles. Participants will receive many handouts on how to successfully communicate cross-culturally as well as how to listen and respond effectively in stressful and conflictual situations involving diversity issues.
Using various learning modalities, with an emphasis on experiential learning, discussion and lecture, participants in this program will learn the following:
- How one’s personal and community history affects their self-esteem and sense of safety
- How to converse from a diverse perspective
- How racial differences can affect relationships, communication and behaviors
- How to listen and respond to personal experiences from a cultural perspective
- How to compassionately validate and understand the emotional impact of racism on an individual, a group and community that is different from our own
This course is ideal for: Managers, administrators, supervisors, auxiliary staff, and employees