We often communicate without noticing the impact of our communication. And, we also become polarized in our opinions and compete for the truth. It is seldom that we question our assumptions and too often miss what is not only being said, but what is not. In this workshop, we will explore the many ways our implicit and explicit biases affect our relationships and sense of safety. What we will also learn is the importance of mindfully listening, noticing the impact we have on others, learning to be curious instead of being defensive, adversarial, or in denial.
We will come to learn how hearing each other’s stories and experiences will enhance our sense of community and compassion for those who are different from ourselves.
In this workshop we will learn:
- Noticing the intent & impact of all our communications
- Learning the importance of using inquiries instead of statements
- How to de-escalate conflict/disagreement
- Racial Assessment
- Exploring Implicit and Explicit Bias
- What We Leave at the Door
- Exploring and honoring our differences
- Learning the art of curiosity & self-reflection
- 9 Healthy Ways to Communicate
- The art of empathy
- Mindfully Listening & Culturally Responding
- The art of apologizing
- Truly taking responsibility and working towards change